activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Sending message to specific recipients based on username
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 01:53:32 GMT

You can use a combination of message property and selector. For example, your
producer defines a  message property - call it 'consumerName' - and sets its
value to that of the target consumer's username.  The consumer can then use
a selector to read only those messages with a consumerName property having a
value equal to its username.

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-consume-a-specific-message.html

Or you can have each consumer read off a queue whose physical name matches
its username and then implement a content based router pattern.

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/content-based-router.html

Joe
Get a free ActiveMQ user guide @ http://www.ttmsolutions.com