activemq-users mailing list archives

From piotr_rezmer <piotr.rez...@ens.net.pl>
Subject How to improve performance
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 21:00:39 GMT

Hello,
I'm using activemq 5.1. It receives tens or hundreds of messages per second.
Unfortunately, after some days of operation it stops working. Java process
takes a lot of memory in windows task manager. It is even difficult to
restart the service. It is necessary to delete files from ./data directory,
then it starts immediately.
The messages are sent with 10 seconds expiration period, however it doesn't
help.
How can I improve stability of JMS? Can I switch off file backend for
storing messages ? I don't need file perisistence, because I use JMS for
sending real time events, so I can loose old messages.

best regards
Piotr Rezmer