activemq-users mailing list archives

From whitewaterbug <jaynr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows print server using activemq
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:41:55 GMT

Thanks for the reply.  Here are my answers to your questions:

1.  MULE - I use MULE as the ESB...so I was thinking Camel would not be
needed.  I was hoping to just run ActiveMQ as a windows service.  I want to
use ActiveMQ and Mule together...not as replacements.

2.  I will look at Java Printing.  Thanks.  As long as I can get two-way
communications...then this should work.

James.Strachan wrote:

> 2008/9/8 James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com>:
>> 2008/9/8 whitewaterbug <jaynryan@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I was hoping that someone had already written some code or an existing
>>> project I could leverage.
>>> Also, my centralized app uses MULE so I was hoping not to just have
>>> activemq
>>> running as a windows service.
>>
>> I don't understand how the use or not of MULE affects whether or not
>> you'd run the activemq broker as a windows service.
>>

>>> My idea was:
>>>
>>> 1.  Use ActiveMQ as a brainless agent that waits for a print job
>>> 2.  When a print job is destined for it, it pulls it off of its own
>>> queue
>>> 3.  Use ActiveMQ CMS to force print