activemq-users mailing list archives

From whitewaterbug <jaynr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows print server using activemq
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:04:23 GMT

I was hoping that someone had already written some code or an existing
project I could leverage.
Also, my centralized app uses MULE so I was hoping not to just have activemq
running as a windows service.

My idea was:

1.  Use ActiveMQ as a brainless agent that waits for a print job
2.  When a print job is destined for it, it pulls it off of its own queue
3.  Use ActiveMQ CMS to force print
4.  Use ActiveMQ CMS to signal events (e.g. printer out of paper)

Is this the right approach?  Can CMS be called from the ActiveMQ side to
send into the client?  Anyone have ideas on what the Microsoft Windows
API/SDK's will need to be?