activemq-users mailing list archives

From Demian Mrakovich <nede...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Question: Object properties on DLQ (adding exception to message for DLQ)
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 14:55:33 GMT

So what you are practically saying is that should I drop the built-in
retry/DLQ mechanism and implement my own?

Calling clearProperties() on the message makes the properties writable
again, I can get the new property values on the retry, but the original
values are back when received on the DLQ, even JMSXDeliveryCount is reset to
1 again.

I think I just don't understand how ActiveMQ handles this. The message in
the retry loop and the message received on the DLQ is obviously not the same
message (instance). The message sent to DLQ is a copy of the original
message?