activemq-users mailing list archives

From mindspin311 <connoc.minds...@gmail.com>
Subject starting activemq remotely
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 14:06:42 GMT

I'm trying to start activemq remotely with ssh in ant. I can stop it fine.

<sshexec host="${deploy.host}"
				 username="${deploy.username}"
				 failonerror="false"
				 keyfile="${public.key}"
				 command="sudo ${activemq.root}/activemq-admin stop" />

but when I try to start it, it always hangs up. I can never get it to run it
in the background on the deploy host, and return from the task on the local
machine. It seems I've tried every combination of nohup and using & or \& to
run in the background.

I can get the following to work from the command line.

ssh deploy@media150-03.qa.xxxxxxxxxxxx.net
/usr/local/activemq/bin/start_activemq.sh \&

but doing this in ant doesn't work.

<target name="startActivemqIndividual">
	    <sshexec host="${deploy.host}"
	             username="${deploy.username}"
	             failonerror="false"
	             keyfile="${public.key}"
	             command="${activemq.root}/start_activemq.sh  \\&amp;" />

Wasn't sure if I had to escape '\' so I tried both. Each of them return
nothing to the terminal when running and hangup. Activemq however is
started, but this is pointless as I will have to do this on several machines
remotely.