activemq-users mailing list archives

From MaenXe <>
Subject Re: Question about Logging in ActiveMQ 5.1
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:41:59 GMT

Well, I thought this was what I needed, but after examining the logs, this
isn't gonna do.  For one, it puts the entire payload of the message into the
log P-(, basically what I'm looking for is something similar to the apache
logs, or a mail log.  I need producer/consumer ID, queue/topic, msg ID, and
timestamp.  I don't imagine this would be hard, but I'm surprised that it
doesn't seem to be implemented already.

Is there a way to modify the data logged by the interceptor to trim out
excess junk?
Is there a way I can tweak log4j to get this?

The purpose of this is that we want to refer to logs to follow the path of a
message for troubleshooting.