activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eugene79 <spamacc...@yahoo.com>
Subject persistence not working
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 02:02:54 GMT

Hi,

I am investigating ActiveMQ as a message broker solution for our
application. I set it up on my machine and tried sample ruby programs. So
far it works fine when there is both a publisher and subscriber running.
However, what I want to do is make sure that messages can be delivered even
if the subscriber is temporarily unavailable. So, I set up  persistence in
activemq.xml:

    <persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="../data"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

And changed line 44 in publisher.rb to

		@conn.send '/topic/event', @body, {'persistent'=>'true'}

However, the messages get delivered only if listener.rb is also running. I
want to be able to run publisher.rb, have the messages stored by activemq,
then run listener.rb and retrieve all the messages that were sent. This
doesn't work. How can I set this up?

thanks,

Eugene