activemq-users mailing list archives

From jpoloney <jpolo...@gmail.com>
Subject Failing to read messages, AMQ5.0.0, Stomp
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 02:36:32 GMT

Hey all,

I am having a strange problem in that I am unable to read from one of my
queues in a AMQ 5.0.0/Stomp setup. I am using the Kaha persistent store (all
messages are set as persistent). When I start the broker (loading old
messages into the queue), after a while it gets into a state where I can no
longer read from the queue. I have no problems producing to this specific
queue.

I started examining the messages that I was getting back from the Stomp
client (reading the sockets). I am able to connect to the queue
successfully, but cannot read any frames afterwards. The stomp client reads
1 character at a time and unless it hits the end of the file, the only other
time it finishes reading is if it hits a null character followed by a new
line (in that order specifically). When I was debugging it, I was
consistently getting null characters, and thus it would never break out
(infinite loop).

Is there any way to look at the top level message on the queue through some
kind of debugging tool? My guess is that for whatever reason, one of the
messages became corrupted and everything is failing on it.

Has anyone else ran into this kind of issue before? Any known ways to get
around it?

Thanks,

-- Joel