activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: difference between running ActiveMQ embedded and stand-alone
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 04:30:10 GMT

On 16 Sep 2008, at 19:51, stanleychen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for such basic question.  I am using Spring for my
> application.  I am
> wondering what differences there is between "embedded" ActiveMQ and
> "stand-alone" ActiveMQ.  If I run ActiveMQ embedded, does thing mean
> remote
> clients can still connect up?  Is my understand correct that embeeded
> ActiveMQ means that ActiveMQ will start automatically when I start
> my Spring
> application, or is there some other meanings to it?
>
> Thank you.
> --

Providing you have your embedded ActiveMQ configured correctly, so its
starts with a tcp transport connector for example (vm:// transport is
always started as well btw) - then remote clients can connect to it -
see http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html
  for details.

cheers,

Rob