activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LIFO (not FIFO) queues
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:12:46 GMT
2008/8/25 Artur Siekielski <artur.siekielski@gmail.com>:

> From what I've understood the Camel Resequencer is not a solution for us,
> because it collects items for some time (defined by timeout) and then sends
> them to output queue. We need a real priority queue where even old messages
> can be reordered.

How can you possibly implement any kind of queue reordering without
waiting until you've more than one message to reorder them? :)

The Camel resequencer implementation allows you to wait for a
specified amount of time - or a specified amount of messages then
reorder them. If you can come up with any other way or resequencing a
queue based on a priority rating that would work for your requirements
I'm all ears and I'm sure we could add to Camel - I just don't know
any other way we could implement it.

--
James
-------