activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ active connection limitations
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:44:04 GMT
2008/8/20 Reigner_Y <reigner@yrastorza.us>:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to ActiveMQ, and I have a few questions regarding ActiveMQ 5.1 -
>
> - What is the number of active connections can an activemq 5.1 handle? 1,000
> - 10,000 active connections? The server is built for activemq use only -
>
> server specs -
>
> Amazon EC2 small instance
> 1.7GB RAM
> 100MBPS Bandwidth speed
>
> Thanks in advance!

It depends on how you configure your OS and what kinda message volume
and load you are expecting; the unix file descriptors is usually the
main limitation which dictates how many sockets a single Java process
can have - but you can easily set that to something large.

For low volume, 10,000 should be fine - for medium to high volume
probably more like 500-1000
--
James
-------