activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: How to recover active connection if it is down when using spring?
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 02:25:01 GMT
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Joe Fernandez
<joe.fernandez@ttmsolutions.com> wrote:

> If for example you start() a connection with 'failover' and you set
> maxReconnectAttempts to 2, start() throws an exception after 2 reconnect
> attempts. That's fine. However, if you then go back and issue the start()
> again on the same connection, the 2 reconnect attempts will no longer be
> attempted. The reconnect functionality for that connection is now fubar.

I see you want the method to error out on timeout but you want the
next method call to attempt to re-establish the connection.  I'll have
to thing about how to implement this.

> I tried calling connection.cleanup() prior to the second start(), because
> according to this method's comments, calling cleanup() should bring the
> connection back to a state "as if the connection was just created". This
> does not help.

That's more for the internal jms connection state.. it does not reset
the transport which is what is needed.

> Should a JIRA be opened for this?

What would be cool is a patch implementing your requested change.