activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Powers, Matthew" <mpow...@Systems.Textron.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ and SMX4
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:01:18 GMT
I thought that ServiceMix ran off of AtvieMQ and was included in the
release.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yari Marchetti [mailto:yari.marchetti@staff.dada.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:49 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: ActiveMQ and SMX4

Hello,
we are planning to use ActiveMQ in a production environment,
but we need to be able to change configuration while the broker
is running.
I took a look at ServiceMix 4 and it seems to suit perfectly to our
needs (moreover it implements other interesting things), allowing
ActiveMQ to reload its configuration by just modifying activemq.xml.

I tried to install a binary distribution and it didn't work well with
ActiveMQ (i wasn't able to start any broker, because it kept saying
it couldn't deploy it), then i tried using a snapshot from snv, and it
worked very well: i was able to change ActiveMQ configuration while
the broker was running.

Now my question is: how does ActiveMQ and SMX4 work together?
how is the integration?

We plan to use Camel as well, and reading from:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jbi.html
seems that it should work pretty well with SMX4. did anyone tried
it?

greetings,
Yari