activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LIFO (not FIFO) queues
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:34:29 GMT

On 21 Aug 2008, at 13:52, Artur Siekielski wrote:

> Hi.
> Is it possible to change JMS queues semantics to Last In, First Out
> (ie.
> stack)? Would it be difficult to patch ActiveMQ sources to achieve
> this?
>
> Another solution to our problem is using priority queues. But ActiveMQ
> doesn't support priorities. Only Oracle's AQs support this...
>
> A bigger picture: we are using JMS for grid computations, task have
> subtasks
> and subtasks have to be computed first. It would be nice to have a
> general
> solution for this using JMS.
> --

Nice idea! Priorities for messages on Queues are really hard to
implement - but a potential option would be to have different priority
Queues - that level of granularity is a lot easier - I'll investigate
it.

The LIFO  does seem a little wacky  though.

cheers,

Rob

Rob Davies
http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/