activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bryan Murphy" <bmurphy1...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ + NMS = Stalled Message Queues
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:36:32 GMT
Hey Guys,
I'm new to ActiveMQ and am running into a problem that has me
stumped.  We're using NMS to communicate with an ActiveMQ message
broker.  After a random period of time our consumers stop receiving
messages. Our producers do not seem to have any difficulty delivering
messages.

You can view the code we use to send our messages here:
http://pastebin.com/f7e1a6dd3

You can view the code we use to consume our messages here:
http://pastebin.com/f2d146b3b

We process the messages transactionally.  I've put an obscene amount of
tracing into our code, and as far as I can tell the consumers simply stop
receiving messages.  I can usually rectify the problem by restarting the
stalled service, however, on occasion I actually have to restart the
ActiveMQ message broker itself to get messages flowing again!

Could somebody help me determine what I am doing wrong, or at least point me
in the direction so I determine what the queues are blocking on?

Additional Info:
* ActiveMQ 5.1.0 (100% default configuration, download, untar, and run)
* Java 1.6.0_06-b02
* Ubuntu 8.04.1 (100% up to date) & Windows Server 2003
* Mono 2.0p1 & Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
* Apache.NMS and Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ built from trunk as of yesterday
* tcp://ADDRESS:61616 connect to broker (over public internet), no other
options

Thanks,
Bryan