activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does useAsyncSend work in ActiveMQ 4.1.1?
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:35:57 GMT
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Ryan Moquin <fragility2.0@gmail.com> wrote:
> So it will still block if the jms flow is restricting the producer then?

The JMS Flow is part of ServiceMix, not part of ActiveMQ so async
sends are not involved when setting useAsyncSend to true.

> was under the impression that setting would cause the producer to basically
> toss the message out the window and then speed off down the road without
> looking back.  This isn't what happens when I attempt to use it, but that's
> what I expected that it would do.

The affect of setting useAsyncSend to true is that the
ActiveMQConnection will send the message in an asynchronous manner.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/