activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to shutdown activemq 5.1.0 server?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 06:25:29 GMT
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Janesh S <janesh@tumri.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use activemq on a linux server. I have installed activemq 5.1.0. I
> could run the server by invoking the activemq executable directly. But I do
> not find a way to gracefully shutdown the server as there is no shutdown
> script/executable present in the bin directory.
>
> I read the following document which tells how to make the activemq a service
> - http://activemq.apache.org/unix-service.html. But this also needs the
> shutdown script.
>
> I copied the shutdown script from the activemq 4 distribution, but that did
> not work. Then I experimented shutting down using the various documented
> stop option(s) using - run.jar, activemq-admin etc, but without any success.
>
> Can someone help me with graceful shutdown?

Use the activemq-admin script that is in the bin directory. It's
described here:

http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-command-line-tools-reference.html

Just run it like this:

$ ./bin/activemq-admin stop

Just note that you must first enable JMX in the activemq startup
script for the activemq-admin script to work correctly.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/