activemq-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Ruckstuhl <patr...@tario.org>
Subject Re: Valid characters in strings
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 20:08:25 GMT

Hi,

what I find strange is that the encoding seems to work fine (so I can
send a message) but the crash happens on the receiving of a message.

The exception I get is

OpenwireStringSupport::readString - Encoding not supported
~        FILE:
activemq/connector/openwire/utils/OpenwireStringSupport.cpp, LINE: 73
~        FILE:
activemq/connector/openwire/utils/OpenwireStringSupport.cpp, LINE: 88
~        FILE:
activemq/connector/openwire/marshal/PrimitiveMapMarshaller.cpp, LINE: 361
~        FILE:
activemq/connector/openwire/marshal/PrimitiveMapMarshaller.cpp, LINE: 85
~        FILE:
activemq/connector/openwire/commands/ActiveMQMapMessage.cpp, LINE: 120
~        FILE:
activemq/connector/openwire/commands/ActiveMQMapMessage.cpp, LINE: 91
~        FILE:
activemq/connector/openwire/commands/ActiveMQMapMessage.cpp, LINE: 373

I had a quick look at the code and I'm definitely no c++ nor encoding
guru but what kind of baffled me was, that the writeString method seems
to deal with non simple ascii characters (to me it looks like it is able
to deal with at least utf8, maybe even utf16, by splitting the value
into multiple bytes). readString on the other hand seems to not (fully)
handle utf8, it reads multiple bytes but does not put them together.

Thanks for any ideas,
Patrick

| Hi Tim,
|
| is this just the "simple" ASCII set or the extended ASCII set? (e.g.
| what about umlauts?)
|
| And what it the recommended way to deal with other characters?
|
| Thanks and Regards,
| Patrick
|

| | The CMS MapMessage supports ASCII characters
| |
| | Regards
| | Tim.
| |
| | On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 12:20 +0200, Patrick Ruckstuhl wrote:
| | Hi,
| |
| | Does anyone know what the valid characters for strings in map messages
| | are (cms)?
| |