activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject Re: Embedded broker, adding connections after broker was configured with xbean:
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:33:52 GMT
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 01:35:58PM +0100, Gary Tully wrote:
> I think the issue is that the broker configured via
> "xbean:activemq.xml" is started eagerly. That is, it is started before
> your connector is added. What should help is to add a start="false"
> attribute to the broker xbean.
>
> not sure what is deemed the correct way, there are a bunch of ways to
> configure and start a broker. A way that works for you is the correct
> way!
>
> hope this helps.

This seems not working, as I found in sources for BrokerFactory:

    /**
     * Creates a broker from a URI configuration
     *
     * @param brokerURI the URI scheme to configure the broker
     * @throws Exception
     */
    public static BrokerService createBroker(URI brokerURI) throws Exception {
        return createBroker(brokerURI, false);
    }

    /**
     * Creates a broker from a URI configuration
     *
     * @param brokerURI the URI scheme to configure the broker
     * @param startBroker whether or not the broker should have its
     *                {@link BrokerService#start()} method called after
     *                construction
     * @throws Exception
     */
    public static BrokerService createBroker(URI brokerURI, boolean startBroker) throws Exception
{
        if (brokerURI.getScheme() == null) {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("Invalid broker URI, no scheme specified: "
+ brokerURI);
        }
        BrokerFactoryHandler handler = createBrokerFactoryHandler(brokerURI.getScheme());
        BrokerService broker = handler.createBroker(brokerURI);
        if (startBroker) {
            broker.start();
        }
        return broker;
    }

the method createBroker doesn't start the broker.

Or I didn't understand what you meant with

> What should help is to add a start="false" attribute to the broker xbean.

Could you please advice?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky