activemq-users mailing list archives

From taf <torg...@fikse.net>
Subject Restart of embedded broker causes BrokerStoppedException
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:45:16 GMT

Hi,
I'm running activemq embedded and wants to be able to restart the broker
without terminating the host application. The broker starts fine on
application startup and calling stop() therafter also works fine, but when
trying to start it again, it results in a BrokerStoppedException.

I've traced the call into the start method in MutableBrokerFilter where the
call to getNext().start() actually returns an ErrorBroker (which of-course
gives me a BrokerStoppedException when trying to start it).

I would have thought that the call should be this.start(), as my broker is
successfully bound to this.
And why does getNext even return an ErrorBroker?

Am I missing something obvious here?

Regards,
- Torgeir Fikse