activemq-users mailing list archives

From Manupriya <manupriya.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Out of memory exception in ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:14:45 GMT

Hi,

We have the following requirement -

1. We read a flat file that has around 2 million rows.
2. For each row we do some processing and create a JMS message and put it in
an ActiveMQ topic.
3. We have a consumer that consumes each of there messages and then does
some processing.
4. We need the topic to be able to handle around 2 million messages.

I am getting memory out of bound exception after 30000 messages are created
and put on the topic.

We are assuming, as there are only one consumer for the topic, messages
should be removed from the topic once it is consumed.

Thanks,
Manupriya