activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jecsiac <jecs...@163.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Selector
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:53:11 GMT

>It seems to be provider specific. Many JMS providers will treat
>"Receives the next message if one is immediately available" literally
>- i.e. not to wait for a request/response with the broker to check if
>there is a message available for processing. This is what ActiveMQ
>does and a number of other JMS providers do the same - but its
>provider specific.

>At the very least you should wait some period of time (say 1 second)
>after creating your consumer before issuing a receiveNoWait() if you
>want your code to work with most JMS providers - or use receive(1000)
>on the first call - then use receiveNoWait() afterwards etc.

Thanks, I'll try it. But I still doubt that would it be more complex if the
provider do so? Why not an easier way (maybe)? And, as I tested, JBossMQ and
WebSphereMQ behave as my expectation. I do not have more test environment,
so don't known how other providers act. Oh, provider specific, I have to say
it is nightmare for programmer, ^_^, joking, but it's really pain.