activemq-users mailing list archives

From hpkeck <hpk...@yahoo.de>
Subject Destination configuration for MDB
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:50:36 GMT

Hi,

I have just started using message-driven beans with ActiveMQ 5.1 listening
to a topic. I integrated it in JBoss 4.2.1 as described on the ActiveMQ home
page, and it works fine. But as far as I understood, you have to specify the
physical name of the topic in the ejb-jar.xml activation-config, e.g.

<activation-config>
    <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>destination</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>the.topic</activation-config-property-value>
    </activation-config-property>
</activation-config>

I think this is ugly, because I want to be able to change the topic name
during installation (and I don't want to unpack the application ear file
during installation).
So I would like to know if there is another way of specifying the topic,
e.g. using a logical name that maps to something defined in a *-ds.xml file,
which can be adapted easily during installation?

Thanks in advance for any hints.