activemq-users mailing list archives

From Artur Siekielski <artur.siekiel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LIFO (not FIFO) queues
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:51:38 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> 2008/8/25 Artur Siekielski <artur.siekielski@gmail.com>:
>>
>> From what I've understood the Camel Resequencer is not a solution for us,
>> because it collects items for some time (defined by timeout) and then
>> sends
>> them to output queue. We need a real priority queue where even old
>> messages
>> can be reordered.
>
> How can you possibly implement any kind of queue reordering without
> waiting until you've more than one message to reorder them? :)

If your problem is "queue reordering", ie. sending sorted contents of one
queue to another, I don't see other solutions too. We would like to have
such a queue that when a consumer consumes a messages, it gets a message
with highest priority. So the difference is that Resequencer's output is a
queue, while the output of our potential priority queue is a consumer.