activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ causes producer to hang when no consumer on topic after a few minutes.
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 01:49:03 GMT

Try setting the processExpired attribute to 'false' for the
sharedDeadLetterStrategy . For example,

<destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>
          <policyEntry queue=">" >
           <deadLetterStrategy>
              <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false"/>
           </deadLetterStrategy>
         </policyEntry>
       </policyEntries>
      </policyMap>
  </destinationPolicy>

Joe
Free AMQ reference guide @ http://www.ttmsolutions.com

David Crisp wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>     How can I configure the broker to simply drop messages when they
> expire rather than sending them to the DLQ?   Is there a
> "BitBucketDeadLetterStrategy" or something?
>
> -D
>

> bsnyder wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Ryan Moquin <fragility2.0@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I don't think I saw that option?  I assumed the timetolive would have
>>> that
>>> effect?  I'll take another look at the settings, I may have overlooked
>>> that
>>> one.  I hope so because I'm getting pretty desperate and I'm positive