activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tuomas Kiviaho <tuomas.kivi...@iki.fi>
Subject Kaha vs AMQ persistence adapter.
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:59:04 GMT

I'd like to get some sort of confirmation that I'm (not) "doing it wrong"
before posting this to JIRA, since I'm just a beginner with AMQ (5.1.0).

I started having trouble with kaha persistence and after banging my head to
the wall couple of times I re-read the documentation.

I think default amq persistence adapter is enough but there is still
<http://activemq.apache.org/kaha-persistence.html> that I stumbled upon
first and after wards noticed that kaha is provided by default
<http://activemq.apache.org/amq-message-store.html>.

If I configure amq persistence adapter via spring as per document above it
too will miss some of the configuration.

--
Tuomas

* * * KahaPersistenceAdapter via spring missing brokerName etc. ***

KahaPersistenceAdapter configured via Spring XBean support...

<amq:persistenceAdapter>
  <amq:kahaPersistenceAdapter />
</amq:persistenceAdapter>

...doesn't get seem to get itself fully configured as does
AMQPersistenceAdapter by default via
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createPersistenceFactory(). Here
are broker name and data directory plus task runner factory derived from
broker (service) as default values. Actual configuration is done by the
AMQPersistenceAdapterFactory itself some more default values to the
persistence adapter.

What kaha persistence adapter is missing first is the broker name.

LOG.info("Using Persistence Adapter: " + getPersistenceAdapter()); ->

        at
org.apache.activemq.store.kahadaptor.KahaPersistenceAdapter.getStoreName(KahaPersistenceAdapter.java:285)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.kahadaptor.KahaPersistenceAdapter.toString(KahaPersistenceAdapter.java:294)
        at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2827)
        at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:115)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:435)