activemq-users mailing list archives

From "SebastianR." <>
Subject Re: Why don't Commit() and Receive() throw exceptions ? (NMS)
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:11:41 GMT

semog wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
> You can set the prefetch size on the connection URI as follows:
> activemq:tcp://servername:61616?session.prefetchSize=5
> As you noted, the prefetch size is set to 1000 as a default, but it can be
> changed on a per-connection basis.  Setting the value to 0 would
> effectively
> disable prefetch.
> As far as the issue with Commit not throwing an exception, I haven't had a
> chance to look in to that.  If you like, you can enter a JIRA with the
> information regarding current behavior and expected behavior so that it
> can
> be scheduled to be fixed in the product.

First of all: Setting the prefetchSize with this URI-command in principle

BUT, settting the prefetchSize to zero leads to the fact that no messages
can be received anymore. I think this is because correctly no messages are
dispatced anymore ( I varified this via JMX ), but the receive() methods
still look at the local cache somhow, which of course is now always emtpy.

I'll also make a JIRA for fixing this problem.

One last question: Where can I myself find out which properties can be
changed via URI-configuration ? I knew that in ActiveMQ for Java you can set
the prefetchSize via ?jms.prefetchPolicy.all=50,
?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1 or ?consumer.prefetchSize=10, but
neither of them worked in NMS.

Regards, Sebastian