activemq-users mailing list archives

From helgiv <helgi.viggos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Millions of messages on queues
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:45:30 GMT

Rob, can you elaborate a little on this for me.  I'm using MySQL for a
message store, and I'm having a problem retrieving messages from a queue
with approx. 70.000 messages (each about 1000 bytes in size).  It seems like
ActiveMQ is issuing a SELECT (select id, msg from activemq_msgs where
container='queue://quename' and id > -1 order by id)  which retrieves the
complete set all at once, which obviously can't work.   How can one
configure it so smaller sets or a single message at a time is retrieved?

Regards,
Helgi.