activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Badri <badrinarayanan.doraisw...@fxall.com>
Subject Re: Exception on startup - Failed to create local registry
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:41:27 GMT

<beans>
 <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" useJmx="true"
persistent="false">

        <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
-->
        <managementContext>
          <!--  <managementContext  createConnector="false"/> -->
            <managementContext connectorPort="8007"/> 
        </managementContext>
       
        <!-- The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen to
-->
        <networkConnectors>
            <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
            <!-- <networkConnector name="default-nc"
uri="multicast://default"/> -->
            <!-- Example of a static configuration:
            <networkConnector name="host1 and host2"
uri="static://(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616)"/>
            -->
        </networkConnectors>

        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="tcp://localhost:2506?maxInactivityDuration=-1"/>
        </transportConnectors>

</broker>

    <!-- Uncomment to create a command agent to respond to message based
admin commands on the ActiveMQ.Agent topic -->
    <commandAgent xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerUrl="tcp://localhost:2506"/>

</beans>

I also commented SUNJMX in activemq-admin.

This configuration gives me the exception - 
2008-08-18 15:32:12,739 DEBUG ManagementContext              - Failed to
create local registry
java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use
        at sun.rmi.transport.ObjectTable.putTarget(ObjectTable.java:169)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.exportObject(Transport.java:75)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.exportObject(TCPTransport.java:196)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.exportObject(TCPEndpoint.java:382)
        at sun.rmi.transport.LiveRef.exportObject(LiveRef.java:116)
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.exportObject(UnicastServerRef.java:180)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.setup(RegistryImpl.java:92)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.<init>(RegistryImpl.java:78)
        at
java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry.createRegistry(LocateRegistry.java:186)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext.createConnector(ManagementContext.java:365)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext.findMBeanServer(ManagementContext.java:293)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext.getMBeanServer(ManagementContext.java:148)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext.start(ManagementContext.java:77)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:441)

When I change & comment entire managementContext in activemq.xml & uncomment
SUNJMX, things work fine. I don't get the exception.

Regards
Badri


bsnyder wrote:
> 
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Badri
> <badrinarayanan.doraiswamy@fxall.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> When I start Active MQ 5.1, I get the folllowing exception (excerpt given
>> below).
>> I did not get this exception before.
>>
>> 2008-08-04 16:24:39,077 DEBUG ManagementContext              - Failed to
>> create local registry
>> java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use
>> at sun.rmi.transport.ObjectTable.putTarget(ObjectTable.java:169)
>> at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.exportObject(Transport.java:75)
>> at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.exportObject(TCPTransport.java:196)
>> at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.exportObject(TCPEndpoint.java:382)
>> at sun.rmi.transport.LiveRef.exportObject(LiveRef.java:116)
>> at
>> sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.exportObject(UnicastServerRef.java:180)
>> at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.setup(RegistryImpl.java:92)
>> at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.<init>(RegistryImpl.java:78)
>> at
>> java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry.createRegistry(LocateRegistry.java:186)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext.createConnector(ManagementContext.java:365)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext.findMBeanServer(ManagementContext.java:293)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext.getMBeanServer(ManagementContext.java:148)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext.start(ManagementContext.java:77)
>> at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:441)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBeanBrokerService.java:50)
>> at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1288)
>> at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1257)
>> at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:438)
>> at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:383)
>> at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:353)
>> at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:245)
>> at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:169)
>> at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:242)
>> at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
>> at
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:400)
>> at
>> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:736)
>> at
>> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:369)
>> at
>> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:64)
>> at
>> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:52)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createApplicationContext(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:96)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:52)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:71)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:54)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:111)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:73)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:129)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
>> at
>> org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:79)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>> at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:222)
>> at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:106)
>> 2008-08-04 16:24:39,093 INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ
>> 5.1.0 JMS Message Broker (localhost) is starting
>>
>> My activemq.xml file (snippet) is as follows:
>> <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" useJmx="true"
>> persistent="false">
>>        <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
>>        <managementContext>
>>            <managementContext  createConnector="false"/>
>>            <managementContext connectorPort="8007"/>
>>        </managementContext>
>>        -->
>>        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
>>        <transportConnectors>
>>            <transportConnector name="openwire"
>> uri="tcp://localhost:2506?maxInactivityDuration=-1"/>
>>        </transportConnectors>
>> </broker>
>>
>> activemq-admin:
>> if [ -z "$ACTIVEMQ_OPTS" ] ; then
>>  ACTIVEMQ_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Xms512M  -XXnosystemgc -Xgcprio:deterministic
>> -XpauseTarget:10ms -Xverbose:gc,referents
>> -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true"
>> fi
>>
>>  exec "$JAVACMD" $ACTIVEMQ_DEBUG_OPTS $ACTIVEMQ_OPTS
>> -Dactivemq.classpath="${ACTIVEMQ_CLASSPATH}"
>> -Dactivemq.home="${ACTIVEMQ_HOME}" -jar "${ACTIVEMQ_HOME}/bin/run.jar" $@
>>
>>
>> 1) Can someone let me know if I am configuring wrongly?
>>
>> When I uncomment the managementContext, the exception does not occur. But
>> at
>> shutdown, I get exception, Connection Refused.
>>
>> After shutting down, I checked using netstat -an|grep 1099. There was no
>> service running.
>> Or there was no listeners.
>> tcp        0      0 :::1099                     :::*
>> LISTEN
>>
>> Once again I started to get the same exception.
> 
> Well, per the exception, there's definitely a port conflict here with
> JMX. Do you already have something listening on the port you're trying
> to use for JMX? Also, you don't need two <managementContext> elements,
> just put both attributes you're using on a single one. But this
> shouldn't cause the exception that was thrown. Please post your entire
> activemq.xml file.
> 
> Bruce
> -- 
> perl -e 'print
> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
> );'
> 
> Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
> Apache Camel - http://activemq.org/camel/
> Apache ServiceMix - http://servicemix.org/
> 
> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Exception-on-startup---Failed-to-create-local-registry-tp18819897p19038602.html
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message