activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <>
Subject Re: How to recover active connection if it is down when using spring?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:28:01 GMT

If for example you start() a connection with 'failover' and you set
maxReconnectAttempts to 2, start() throws an exception after 2 reconnect
attempts. That's fine. However, if you then go back and issue the start()
again on the same connection, the 2 reconnect attempts will no longer be
attempted. The reconnect functionality for that connection is now fubar.

I tried calling connection.cleanup() prior to the second start(), because
according to this method's comments, calling cleanup() should bring the
connection back to a state "as if the connection was just created". This
does not help.

Should a JIRA be opened for this?