activemq-users mailing list archives

From Janesh S <jan...@tumri.com>
Subject How to shutdown activemq 5.1.0 server?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 03:40:00 GMT

Hi,

I want to use activemq on a linux server. I have installed activemq 5.1.0. I
could run the server by invoking the activemq executable directly. But I do
not find a way to gracefully shutdown the server as there is no shutdown
script/executable present in the bin directory.

I read the following document which tells how to make the activemq a service
- http://activemq.apache.org/unix-service.html. But this also needs the
shutdown script.

I copied the shutdown script from the activemq 4 distribution, but that did
not work. Then I experimented shutting down using the various documented
stop option(s) using - run.jar, activemq-admin etc, but without any success.

Can someone help me with graceful shutdown?

Kind Regards,
Jan