activemq-users mailing list archives

From beyond005 <beyond...@gmail.com>
Subject How to deal with blocked transport
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 01:41:33 GMT

There are some comments about blocked transport in slow consumer topic:

when using TCP there can be occasions when a network outage can result in a
blocked write. This can cause the entire broker to freeze - and the socket
may never be unblocked. Currently we have a Thread that checks for blocked
sockets - using a sweep protocol to detect if there are connections that are
blocked writing for more than a configurable period. This can work but there
is no way to unblock the calling thread that is associated with the send
down the socket (which will be the publishing thread in non-durable topics).

Could anybody give a feasible way to resolve this problem in a product
environment. Currently we just can reboot the whole activemq to restart the
socket.

BTW, we are using 4.1.1 version of activemq in our environment. Could I
assume that activemq 5.1 has beat it?