activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using a topic for RPC-style requests
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:56:41 GMT
2008/7/16 David Crisp <davidcrisp99@yahoo.com>:

> Hi,
>
>    Our application sends RPC-like requests over the bus to a set of remote
> instances.
> We create a temporary queue and embed it in the outgoing request using
> Message.setReplyTo(tempQ).
> Is there a way to accomplish this using topics & selectors?

If the replyTo queue is a temporary destination, you don't need
selectors other than if you want to traffic shape your servers.

> Has anyone
> played with this and if so,
> how did it perform?

Sure - pretty well.

> I'd like to use multicast transport but I believe
> that's only supported for topics.

BTW normally you'd wanna use queue so only one server responds to your
operation & you'd want load balancing across your servers; not every
server to do the same thing.

To see how to add JMS based remoting easily see...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring-remoting.html

--
James
-------