activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQ Message Store setting
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 05:34:28 GMT
That name attribute IS confusing - it doesn't do anything - as the
store usage limit is broker wide - you don't need to use a name btw.
So with the limit set to 4mb - this hint is sent to the Message Store
- but only the default store - the AMQPersistence Adaptor will use it
currently - so its maximum size will be 4mb.
Maybe you can submit a test case - so we can better understand why the
store limit is working for your case ?

cheers,

Rob

On 29 Jul 2008, at 05:30, Ramdas Sawant wrote:

> Guys, ant thoughts on this mail thread ??? I am really stuck and
> need some
> help here .... Waiting for inputs... Thanks in advance
>
> On 7/28/08, Ramdas Sawant <replyramdas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What does <storeUsage limit="4 mb" name="foo"/> signify ??? does
>> the name
>> attribute should be the name of the Topic ??? Not clear on that...
>> Thanks
>>
>> On 7/28/08, Ramdas Sawant <replyramdas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Rob,
>>>              I tried using the 5.2 snapshot, but still facing the
>>> same
>>> issue. Below is my activemq.xml
>>> ///////////////////////////////////
>>>
>>> <beans
>>>  xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
>>>  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
>>>  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>>  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>>> http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd
>>>  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
>>> http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd
>>>  http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
>>> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">
>>>
>>>    <bean
>>> class
>>> =
>>> "org
>>> .springframework
>>> .beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>
>>>
>>>    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
>>> brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">
>>>
>>>        <destinationPolicy>
>>>            <policyMap>
>>>                <policyEntries>
>>>                    <policyEntry queue=">" memoryLimit="5mb"/>
>>>                    <policyEntry topic=">" memoryLimit="1mb">
>>>                        <dispatchPolicy>
>>>                            <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
>>>                        </dispatchPolicy>
>>>                        <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
>>>                            <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
>>>                        </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
>>>                    </policyEntry>
>>>                </policyEntries>
>>>            </policyMap>
>>>        </destinationPolicy>
>>>
>>>        <managementContext>
>>>            <managementContext createConnector="false"/>
>>>        </managementContext>
>>>
>>>        <networkConnectors>
>>>            <networkConnector name="default-nc"
>>> uri="multicast://default"/>
>>>        </networkConnectors>
>>>
>>>        <persistenceAdapter>
>>>            <amqPersistenceAdapter syncOnWrite="false"
>>> directory="${activemq.base}/data" maxFileLength="2 mb"
>>> maxReferenceFileLength="1mb"/>
>>>        </persistenceAdapter>
>>>
>>>        <sslContext>
>>>            <sslContext keyStore="file:${activemq.base}/conf/
>>> broker.ks"
>>> keyStorePassword="password"
>>> trustStore="file:${activemq.base}/conf/broker.ts"