activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Julien" <pjul...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ and Glassfish Realm
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:58:23 GMT
I have read the security page found at
http://activemq.apache.org/security.html but I am somewhat confused by the
information found there.

1. If I wanted ActiveMQ to work with a Glassfish realm, Glassfish does
indeed use JAAS, would I need to code my own plugin based on BrokerPlugin?
Or would it be possible to configure the current JAAS plugin to work with
the glassfish realm?  Note here that I am not looking to replace the OpenMQ
instance found inside Glassfish itself, ActiveMQ would run standalone
outside any container.

2. If I do need to make my own plugin based on BrokerPlugin, what jars are
actually needed to accomplish this?

3. Say this turns out to be too complicated to bridge the two together.  How
sensitive would ActiveMQ be to having the "users.properties" and
"groups.properties" files being refreshed periodically from realm data?

4. Is it possible to hash the passwords found in user.properties?

5. ActiveMQ supports many transports but it's my understanding that not all
of them support authorization.  Is there an exaustive list somewhere of
which transports support authorization and which do not?

thank you,

--
http://www.spectrumdt.com
http://codepimps.org