activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Services connected to ACTIVEMQ stop receiving messages (ActiveMQ 5.1.0)
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 15:50:18 GMT
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 8:20 AM, sparky2708 <daa82@columbia.edu> wrote:

> I am noticing that services connected to an ACTIVEMQ Broker stop receiving
> messages all of a sudden. I don't see anything in any of the ACTIVEMQ logs.
> I am using ActiveMQ 5.1.0. How can I figure out what is going on? (I have a
> suspicion that the broker might stop sending messages maybe because the
> consumer is too slow, or not acknowledging correctly... not sure). How can I
> drill into what the broker is thinking?

It could be a slow consumer situation, but it sounds to me like the
broker may have reached the limit of the memory it has available. Try
increasing the memoryUsage to something higher than the default
setting in the conf/activemq.xml file. Below is an example:

<memoryUsage>
  <memoryUsage limit="256 mb"/>
</memoryUsage>

Bruce