activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <sukon...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Debug JMS environment
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:39:44 GMT
On your live server ,run jconsole.exe (comes with JDK)and connect to the
java process pertaining to your application.
You can see the threads used by active mq , the port numbers for the JMS
receiver/sender in your application.
Also turn on the debug mode of active mq ,
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-enable-debug-logging.html.

Thanks,
Suchitha.
-----Original Message-----
From: couzteau [mailto:couzteau@bitfaeule.net]
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:55 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Debug JMS environment

Hi,
I have added JMS support a web app and ran into an expected problem when
I went live with the app. All test machines worked great but the live
server has a different and complex network environment that I don't have
control of. So the problem is that messages are not being received by
clients. Only if I run a client on the server itself I can receive
messages, not from any other location.

The message broker runs on tcp://myp.corp.mycomp.com:61616 my clients
can connect but never receive. How could the traffic be blocked? I guess
it could be a firewall on a router or a  somewhere on the network.

But what would I have to look for?
What port are messages sent over? Would that be 61616 or another?

Ho does the communication between client and broker work in detail? Is
there website or a docment online that clarify these details?

Thanks very much for help.

Jacques