activemq-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Mittler <>
Subject Re: ObjectMessage in C/C++
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 04:08:52 GMT
The C++ application wouldn't consume a JMS ObjectMessage; rather, it
would have the message transformed to something it can consume, say
XML.  This transformation process is where Apache Camel comes in.  The
ActiveMQ 5.x broker can embed Camel components that will allow you to
define a custom transformer that receives on one messaging channel,
transforms the message, and then sends out the new message to your C++
application on another channel.

This link shows the basics for configuring Camel in your ActiveMQ

And this should help you get started with Camel:

On Jul 6, 2008, at 8:53 PM, Joshua Smith wrote:

> Thanks Nathan. I went and looked at the link. Could you describe how
> this
> works a little more? Is the C++ program doing something different or
> am I
> configuring ActiveMQ to do something different when the client is a C
> ++
> application? How does Camel fit into the picture?
> Thanks,
> Joshua Smith

View raw message