activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Munroe" <brian.e.mun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ stops accepting consumer requests
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:06:29 GMT
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Demian Mrakovich <nedenom@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am having the same problem with AMQ 4.2, so this is nothing new with AMQ 5.
> Occasionally ActiveMQ just stops consuming messages and a restart is
> required. I have no idea what causes this, but I think it maybe happens
> during high load.

Well, at least I don't feel so alone! :)

Question for you, How are your JMS clients designed?  Do they set up
the connection, send a large number of messages and then tear down, or
when you send this large volume, do you setup, send a message, tear
down, repeat?

I've been thinking about trying to implement JCA or something in an
attempt to remedy the situation.

thanks

-- brian