activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fuzzo <mcucc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating a startup subscription...
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:25:50 GMT

Thanks for the answer!
I've already read the "Retroactive Consumers" chapter in the docs but there
are some problems:
- a retroactive consumer will consume ALL retro-messages, even if it it had
already consumed previously
- i can't predict how many time the consumer will be down
- i can't predict how many messages the consumer loses
- lastImage method is not useful for my purposes!

Please tell me if I understood correctly about Virtual Topics:
- a virtual topic is a logical copy of a physical topic
- two virtual topic linked to a physical one contains both same messages
- a consumer of the first virtual topic does not consume the messages of the
second virtual topic (and vice-versa)

If it's correct, i can publish messages on a physical topic and i can create
two virtual topic, one for every consumer. If the first consumer goes online
and make a durable subscription to the first virtual topic, the second
virtual topic will remain intact with all messages ready for the second
consumer, that will subscribe after the first.

That's right?

Many thanks and i'm sorry for my English :(