activemq-users mailing list archives

From skomarla <skoma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Master/Slave JDBC persistence using embedded broker in JBoss
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:36:34 GMT

I did see that but I guess I was hoping for this to be a little more elegant.
I feel that having to define all the failover URLs defeats the purpose of
in-vm protocol in the case of an embedded master slave.

It would be have been nice if the in vm broker is started in a "slave" mode,
where it would forward the messages to the master.  Perhaps it was my
misunderstanding of ActiveMQ, but I thought broker discovery would have
helped achive this.  I can't use networked brokers because I want all the
nodes to share the same database.