activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hans Bausewein <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 5.1 has thread leak
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 06:20:31 GMT

Peter Young wrote:
> My question is: what bug was solved in AMQ 5.2 that fixed the thread leak
> and have other people encountered this problem with AMQ 5.1?

I had the same issue with a Pure Master/Slave configuration:

Later I noticed that it also happened on a single broker of AMQ 5.1.0. The
number of threads just increased slower than on the slave. That issue was
solved in a 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

I've created a small test application that can run either in JBoss or

I've added some code to delete the temporary queue in the test application.
That one worked better on the master, but the slave had the same issue.

I have to test with the latest build again. Last test was more than a week