activemq-users mailing list archives

From fredrick255 <>
Subject Trouble configuring attribute for LDAPAuthorizationMap
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:32:33 GMT

I'm trying to set the queueSearchMessageFormat and topicSearchMessageFormat
but when I have these properties I get a spring error to the tune of:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to
convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type
[java.text.MessageFormat] for property 'queueSearchMatchingFormat'; nested
exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of
type [java.lang.String] to requiredtype [java.text.MessageFormat] for
property 'queueSearchMatchingFormat': no matching editors or conversion
strategy found

I do not understand where MessageFormat is coming from. I do not see this
anywhere in the activemq-core.xsd. It is used in the LDAPAuthorizationMap
class but judging from the constructor this conversion is not a problem as
the MessageFormat member variables are initialized with strings.

 topicSearchMatchingFormat = new
        queueSearchMatchingFormat = new

If I run the broker without the SeachMessageFormat I can see authorization
failing due to the fact it is searching in these default locations.

I thought it was odd that the messageFormat properties are defined as both a
<spring:bean/> element and an attribute in the XSD for LDAPAuthorizationMap.
I tried removing the element definition and pointing to the modified XSD in
the xsi:schemaLocation but I still received the same error.

Any ideas?