activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Duplex connection: Is this possible?
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:47:01 GMT

I have seen the InvalidClientIDException in these types of 'duplex' scenarios
and in most cases it is hurled because two brokers have duplex connectors
(forwarding bridges) to each other. If you can, post the exception's stack
trace and the brokers' cfg files.

There have been duplex-related issues, so make sure you're using 5.1 and
check with the issues tracker.

http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ

In your case, you may want to keep the networkTTL to 1 since messages only
have to traverse one bridge to get to their destination. See AMQ-1661 and
AMQ-1542.

The messaging pattern that you've described sounds a bit like a 'recipient
list'. You can implement this sort of pattern via an ActiveMQ virtual topic
or Camel.

A virtual topic is rather neat because it is a combination of topic and
queue; you get the best of both worlds. For example, your producer sends a
message to a virtual topic called 'blast', which then broadcasts messages
out to any number of queues (e.g., QueueA, QueueB, etc.).

http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html

Also see the following, which describes how to implement a recipient list
via Camel

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/recipient-list.html

Hope this helps.

Joe