activemq-users mailing list archives

From vadimos <>
Subject DLQ & message redelivery handling
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:14:36 GMT

I've configured message redelivery via Spring 2.5 and ActiveMQ 5.1.0 to
redeliver messages on a runtime exception thrown by a listener. If
redelivered message still could not be handled, it is sent to DLQ.
After picking it from DLQ and I would like to have access to the original
message properties and the exception that caused redelivery. Here are my

1. I have detected that the message appearing in DLQ is of type
ActiveMQMessage even though the original message was ActiveMQMapMessage. Why
is that? This is still the case after I set copyOnMessageOnSend to false.
2. I can see the original message properties in marshalledProperties. How
can I un-marshall this object?
3. How can I set the exception or at least exception message so that it
propagates through redelivery and eventually to DLQ message? (ps. this seems
to have been addressed in camel. See