activemq-users mailing list archives

From wozzer <paul.j.worr...@jpmorgan.com>
Subject activemq-all-*.jar not recognised in Tomcat 6
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:18:52 GMT

We are finding that the required classes for ActiveMQ are not found when
active-all-5.0.0.jar or active-all-5.1.0.jar are placed in
${TOMCAT_HOME}/lib on Tomcat 6. Classes in other libraries are being found
by the web app so we know putting jar's here should work. We have also
observered:

1) They both work in Tomcat 5.5 ${TOMCAT_HOME}/custom/lib in an existing
deployment.

2)  They work if we put them in the WEB-INF/lib of the web application
running in the Tomcat 6 instance.

3) If we put the individual jar's required by ActimeMQ in
${TOMCAT_HOME}/lib they work.

We conclude there is something about the build of the activemq-all-*.jar's
that classloaders are not liking.

We also verified the signatures when we downloaded the libs.

Anyone else have a similar experience?