activemq-users mailing list archives

From qbeukes <qbeu...@add.za.net>
Subject Ordering of Messages
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:46:10 GMT

Hey,

I want a consumer that posts messages in the EXACT order they were received
to a single consumer.

It's very important that they are received and processed one at a time, in
the exact order they were committed.

In the admin interface, under topics I have:
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection	0	2511	0	Send To Delete
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.JMT.REQUESTS	0	2508	0	Send To Delete
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Topic	0	1257	0	Send To Delete
ActiveMQ.Agent	1	0	0	Send To Delete
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.ActiveMQ.Agent	0	1	0	Send To Delete
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Queue	0	2509	0	Send To Delete
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.JMT.REQUESTS	0	1	0	Send To Delete
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.example.A	0	1	0	Send To Delete

Then in the config I have:
    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>

          <policyEntry topic="JMT.REQUESTS" producerFlowControl="false"
memoryLimit="128mb">
            <dispatchPolicy>
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
            </dispatchPolicy>
            <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
              <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
            </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
          </policyEntry>

        </policyEntries>
      </policyMap>
    </destinationPolicy>

Would this do it for the JMT.REQUESTS queue? Is my configuration options
correct, and the topic="JMT.REQUEST" referring to the correct queue?

Thanks,