activemq-users mailing list archives

From aliu <a...@endeca.com>
Subject Re: systemUsage configuration
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:50:29 GMT

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. If I don't want to keep everything in memory,
and I want to be able to set how much should be stored in memory and if
there are more stuff coming, it'd be spilled out to disk, what configuration
settings can I use?

I actually tried setting the destination limits high and the system limit
low, with the following config:
<policyEntry queue=">" memoryLimit="1 gb"/>
<memoryUsage>
    <memoryUsage limit="30 mb"/>
</memoryUsage>

When I'm trying to send 50mb worth of data, my producer blocks after sending
about 30mb of data. And I also tried with destination limits low and system
limit high, my producer also blocks after sending the lower limit of the two
settings.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what I can set on how
much to be allowed in memory?

Thanks in advance.
Audrey