activemq-users mailing list archives

From aliu <a...@endeca.com>
Subject systemUsage configuration
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:47:37 GMT

Hi, I am a new user of the ActiveMQ and I was trying to figure out how to
tweak different memory settings.
I read on the forum that storeUsage controls the maximum size of the
AMQMessageStore, and memoryUsage is the maximum amount of memory the broker
will use.

However, when I ran a test of sending 50,000 messages with 1k for each
message, and I've used the following config:
         <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="30 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="1 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

My producer would block after sending about 30mb worth of data, even though
I have specified the storeUsage to be big enough to contain all my messages.
I thought what it would be is to have 30mb worth of data in memory, then
it'll spill over once it exceeds the limit.

Can someone please tell me in detail how these settings work together? I am
at a loss here.

I am using 5.1, persistent messaging with transactions.

Thanks in advance.
Audrey